ֱ

Oman’s oil exports hit 230.6m barrels by September: official data

The World Bank forecasts Oman’s economic growth will rise to 2.7 percent in 2025 and 3.2 percent in 2026, driven by a rebound in oil and gas production as the Duqm refinery reaches full capacity. File
The World Bank forecasts Oman’s economic growth will rise to 2.7 percent in 2025 and 3.2 percent in 2026, driven by a rebound in oil and gas production as the Duqm refinery reaches full capacity. File
Short Url
Updated 03 November 2024

Oman’s oil exports hit 230.6m barrels by September: official data

Oman’s oil exports hit 230.6m barrels by September: official data
  • Oil exports increased by 0.1% compared to September 2023, when total exports were nearly 230.3 million barrels
  • World Bank forecasts Oman’s economic growth will rise to 2.7% in 2025 and 3.2% in 2026

JEDDAH: Oman’s oil exports totaled approximately 230.6 million barrels by the end of September, averaging $82.60 per barrel and accounting for 84.6 percent of total production, which exceeded 272.4 million barrels.

According to statistics from the country’s National Center for Statistics and Information, as reported by the state news agency, oil exports increased by 0.1 percent compared to September 2023, when total exports were nearly 230.3 million barrels. This rise occurred alongside a 5.1 percent decrease in production, which was recorded at over 287 million barrels during the same period last year.

Total crude oil production declined by 6.7 percent, reaching over 208.5 million barrels by the end of September, while condensate production saw a slight increase of 0.6 percent, totaling more than 63.86 million barrels. The NCSI noted that the average daily oil production was 994,200 barrels through the end of September.

The World Bank forecasts Oman’s economic growth will rise to 2.7 percent in 2025 and 3.2 percent in 2026, driven by a rebound in oil and gas production as the Duqm refinery reaches full capacity, alongside a revival in agricultural and construction activities and a strong services sector.

The report also indicated that inflation is expected to remain low, averaging 1.3 percent from 2024 to 2026, largely due to the country’s currency being pegged to the US dollar and regulated fuel prices.

According to the Oman News Agency, China was the top importer of Omani oil, with imports totaling approximately 219.6 million barrels, marking a 4.5 percent increase compared to September 2023.

Japan followed with nearly 4 million barrels, a decline of 46.4 percent, while South Korea imported around 3.8 million barrels, an increase of 31.8 percent. Exports to India totaled 2,002,000 barrels, down 26.3 percent.

Overall, Oman’s oil exports during the first half of 2024 increased by 0.3 percent to 153,362,300 barrels, with the average price per barrel at $82.20, according to the NCSI.

Oil exports constituted 84.6 percent of the total oil production volume, which was over 181 million barrels, down 5.3 percent from 191.4 million barrels in the same period in 2023. Total crude oil production also fell by 7.4 percent to over 138.7 million barrels by the end of the first half of 2024, while oil condensate production rose by 2.3 percent to 42.5 million barrels. The average daily oil production at that time was reported at 842,700 barrels. During this period, China remained the leading country importing oil from Oman, with nearly 148 million barrels.


Egypt petroleum ministry says work underway in three new wells in Zohr gas field

Egypt petroleum ministry says work underway in three new wells in Zohr gas field
Updated 11 sec ago

Egypt petroleum ministry says work underway in three new wells in Zohr gas field

Egypt petroleum ministry says work underway in three new wells in Zohr gas field

CAIRO: Work is underway at three new wells in the Zohr gas field in the Mediterranean in the current financial year, Egypt's petroleum ministry said on Tuesday.
Another well, the Zohr-6 well, has added about 65 million cubic feet per day of gas to Egypt’s output, the ministry added.
Italian energy group Eni, Zohr's operator, resumed drilling at the Zohr field in February after production was curbed because of arrears owed to foreign oil companies.
Output in the largest gas field found in the Mediterranean dropped to 1.9 billion cubic feet per day in early 2024, well below the peak reached in 2019.
Zohr was discovered in 2015 by Eni and began producing gas in late 2017. It holds an estimated 30 trillion cubic feet of gas.
The field is operated by Petrobel, a joint venture of Eni and state-owned Egyptian General Petroleum Corp.


Saudi Kafalah program drives 98% financing surge for entertainment SMEs

Saudi Kafalah program drives 98% financing surge for entertainment SMEs
Updated 1 min 26 sec ago

Saudi Kafalah program drives 98% financing surge for entertainment SMEs

Saudi Kafalah program drives 98% financing surge for entertainment SMEs

JEDDAH: Entertainment focused small and medium enterprises in ֱ experienced a 98 percent year-on-year increase in financing during the second quarter of 2025. 

The Small and Medium Enterprises Financing Guarantee Program, also known as Kafalah, supported 32 establishments and issued guarantees exceeding SR79 million ($21 million), the Saudi Press Agency reported. 

The number of beneficiary establishments rose 78 percent compared with the same period in 2024. By the end of the quarter, 94 enterprises had benefited from the program’s entertainment sector product, receiving total financing of more than SR304 million and guarantees totaling SR225 million.

Kafalah works in partnership with the General Entertainment Authority and financial institutions to provide guarantees that reduce financing risks and broaden access to capital. The initiative is part of Saudi Vision 2030’s strategy to foster economic growth and develop promising sectors.  

The SPA report noted that this growth in the entertainment sector highlights “the effectiveness of the product in supporting the sector’s growth and facilitating establishments' access to appropriate financing solutions.” 

It added: “The Kafalah program continues its commitment to supporting vital sectors by providing financial guarantees that contribute to reducing financial risks and expanding the scope of financing through effective partnerships with financing entities, supported by an integrated technical and knowledge system.” 

Kafalah’s Entertainment Product provides financial guarantees to SMEs across various entertainment sectors, including supporting industries, offering coverage of up to 90 percent of the funding value, according to its website.  

Maximum guarantee limits are SR2.5 million for micro enterprises, SR5 million for small enterprises, and SR15 million for medium enterprises. Enterprises can apply directly through cooperating financial institutions or via the SME Bank’s finance portal, with the program reviewing requests and issuing guarantees to the financier upon approval. 

Since its inception in 2020, Kafalah has issued more than 64,000 guarantees valued at SR72.5 billion, supporting over 23,000 enterprises and creating nearly 1 million jobs, according to a release issued in September 2024.  

Twenty-seven enterprises have transitioned from medium-sized firms to the parallel market, while 8 percent of micro-enterprises have grown into small and medium-sized businesses. 

The program also reduced the average processing time for guarantees from 48 working days to just 36 hours using AI-driven systems. Studies conducted with King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals found that Kafalah-supported enterprises experienced a 17.3 percent increase in employment compared with those relying on traditional financing. 

Over the past five years, the Kafalah program has contributed nearly SR27 billion to ֱ’s gross domestic product, highlighting its role in expanding the Kingdom’s SME ecosystem. 


Saudi housing deals top $20bn in H1 as Madinah leads growth: Knight Frank

Saudi housing deals top $20bn in H1 as Madinah leads growth: Knight Frank
Updated 26 August 2025

Saudi housing deals top $20bn in H1 as Madinah leads growth: Knight Frank

Saudi housing deals top $20bn in H1 as Madinah leads growth: Knight Frank
  • Average apartment prices in the capital increased 10.6% year on year
  • Tens of thousands of new homes are due for delivery in Madinah and Makkah by 2028

RIYADH: ֱ’s residential market recorded nearly 93,700 deals in the first half of the year, a 7 percent year-on-year increase, driven by strong mortgage activity and government support, according to Knight Frank. 

The segment accounted for 63 percent of total real estate activity in the Kingdom, with transactions valued at SR77.5 billion ($20.6 billion), the consultancy said in its latest market overview. 

This comes as ֱ’s real estate market maintained steady growth in the second quarter, with overall property prices across the Kingdom rising 3.2 percent year-on-year, official data showed. Residential property costs recorded a 0.4 percent increase, according to the General Authority for Statistics. 

The performance highlights a broader surge in the Saudi real estate sector, driven by the nation’s economic diversification strategy. With the Real Estate General Authority projecting the market to reach $101.62 billion by 2029, housing has become a key pillar in the Kingdom’s Vision 2030 strategy to reduce reliance on oil. 

“One of the most significant legislative developments this year has been the approval of the new Law of Real Estate Ownership by Non-Saudis,” said Faisal Durrani, partner and head of research for the Middle East and North Africa region at Knight Frank.  

“Set to come into effect in January 2026, this new ownership framework, coupled with accelerating residential deliveries and mortgage market reforms, is expected to deepen market liquidity and improve investor sentiment,” he added. 

Knight Frank’s report pointed to diverging trends, with Riyadh showing signs of recalibration while Madinah led the nation in growth. Residential transactions in the holy city jumped 49 percent year on year to SR3.4 billion, as volumes climbed 38 percent. 

Despite a 31 percent drop in transaction volumes, Riyadh’s residential prices continued to climb. Average apartment prices in the capital increased 10.6 percent year on year in the second quarter of 2025 to SR6,175 per sq. meter, with prime central districts like Al-Taawun seeing increases of up to 32 percent. 

In contrast, Jeddah’s market gained momentum, with total transaction value increasing by 28 percent to SR17.3 billion. The city is seeing a shift in demand toward large, master-planned communities that offer integrated lifestyles. 

Looking ahead, the consultancy said that tens of thousands of new homes are due for delivery in Madinah and Makkah by 2028. Makkah’s supply is expected to grow from 428,200 units to 462,000, while Madinah is set to add 27,860 homes, bringing its total inventory to 381,200 units. 

“Large-scale government-backed projects are transforming the urban fabric of Makkah and Madinah,” said Amar Hussain, associate partner at Knight Frank. 

He added: “These developments will elevate the cities’ urban experience, strengthening their appeal to both residents and visiting pilgrims while supporting the government’s broader tourism and economic development goals.” 

The overall outlook remains positive, with strategic reforms and ongoing Vision 2030 initiatives positioning the Saudi residential sector for sustained, long-term growth. 


ֱ’s Humain to launch data centers with US chips in early 2026, Bloomberg News reports

ֱ’s Humain to launch data centers with US chips in early 2026, Bloomberg News reports
Updated 26 August 2025

ֱ’s Humain to launch data centers with US chips in early 2026, Bloomberg News reports

ֱ’s Humain to launch data centers with US chips in early 2026, Bloomberg News reports

DUBAI: Humain, ֱ’s new artificial intelligence company, has begun construction of its first data centers in the Kingdom, and plans to bring them online in early 2026 using semiconductors imported from the US, Bloomberg News reported on Monday.
Locations in Riyadh, ֱ’s capital, and Dammam, in the Eastern Province, are expected to launch in the second quarter, each with an initial capacity of up to 100 megawatts, CEO Tareq Amin told Bloomberg in an interview.
Humain is currently sourcing semiconductors for its data centers from US chipmakers, including Nvidia’s latest AI chips, for which it has received local regulatory approval, Amin told Bloomberg.
In May, Nvidia said it would sell hundreds of thousands of AI chips in ֱ, with a first tranche of 18,000 of its newest “Blackwell” chips going to Humain.
Nvidia declined to comment on the report, while Humain did not respond to Reuters when contacted.
A number of US technology firms announced AI deals in the Middle East in May, as US President Donald Trump secured $600 billion in commitments from ֱ to US companies during a tour of Gulf states.
Chip designer Advanced Micro Devices also announced a deal with Humain, saying it has formed a $10 billion collaboration.
Humain was launched in May under the Public Investment Fund, and is chaired by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. It offers AI services and products, including data centers, AI infrastructure, cloud capabilities and advanced AI models.


Oil Updates — crude retreats from almost 3-week high driven by Russia supply risks

Oil Updates — crude retreats from almost 3-week high driven by Russia supply risks
Updated 41 min 20 sec ago

Oil Updates — crude retreats from almost 3-week high driven by Russia supply risks

Oil Updates — crude retreats from almost 3-week high driven by Russia supply risks

LONDON: Oil prices fell on Tuesday after surging nearly 2 percent in the previous session as traders monitor developments surrounding the war in Ukraine and potential disruption to Russian fuel supplies.

Brent crude was down 51 cents, or 0.7 percent, at $68.29 a barrel by 11:10 a.m. Saudi time, having hit its highest since early August in the previous session. West Texas Intermediate crude lost 57 cents, or about 0.9 percent, to $64.23.

“The modest setback today is due to risk aversion, with equity markets trading lower,” said UBS analyst Giovanni Staunovo. “Geopolitical factors are something to watch for, particularly what Trump might do if there is no meeting between Russia and Ukraine.”

Oil’s rally on Monday was primarily driven by supply risks after Ukraine strikes on Russian energy infrastructure and the possibility of further US sanctions on Russian oil.

Ukraine’s attacks in response to Russia’s advances in the conflict and its pounding of Ukrainian gas and power facilities have disrupted Moscow’s oil processing and exports and created gasoline shortages in some parts of Russia.

US President Donald Trump, meanwhile, has renewed his threat to impose sanctions on Russia if there is no progress toward a peace deal in the next two weeks.

However, sources have told Reuters that US and Russian government officials discussed several energy deals on the sidelines of this month’s negotiations seeking peace in Ukraine.

“Given the huge amount of uncertainties in the oil market caused by the Ukrainian conflict and the tariff war, investors will remain unwilling to commit themselves to either direction on a prolonged basis,” said PVM Oil Associates analyst Tamas Varga.

In the medium term, Brent prices could be bound to a trading range of $65-$74 for the foreseeable future, he added.

Looming US tariffs against India over its continued purchases of Russian oil are also in focus, said Saxo Bank commodities strategist Ole Hansen. India is the third-largest buyer of Russian crude.

Indian exports could face US duties of up to 50 percent — among the highest imposed by Washington.